'Discovering Secrets of Streets’
Four day Comprehensive Workshop on Street Photography with internationally renowned photographer GMB Akash and Apratim Saha.
Dates: 25th November (Wednesday), 26th November (Thursday),
27th November (Friday) & 28th November (Saturday).
Place: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Fees: 12000 INR (Including accommodation and food)
Total students: Maximum 25 participants (Indian Students Only)
Teaching language: English, Hindi & Bengali
Phone: +91 8900702900 or +91 8509333385
About the workshop
This four day Photography Workshop is designed for advanced photographers as well as beginners. This comprehensive workshop mainly focuses on practical functions. This workshop will help you to build up a solid understanding of composition and visual literacy in street photography. In this Four days workshop you will learn the fundamentals of street photography, how to capture “the decisive moment”, how to interact with people in street and how to conquer your fear of shooting at streets. You will be given guidance to discover your style in street photography, and how to work on meaningful projects that you will continue to pursue after the workshop.
The workshop has 20% theoretical aspects and 80% practical. Come and join this workshop for finding street stories in the magical light of winter, on the auspicious occasion of “Dev Depawali”. Learning to capture street portraits and making street stories will be the two main concentrations in this workshop with hands-on experience. These four days workshop will help you to find the core concept of photography. Besides discovering your own inspiring trigger, you will be guided towards achieving mastery in street photography. To find your style and to discover the secret of street photography enroll decisively in this workshop.
Mentor GMB Akash and Apratim Saha will intensely go through each participant’s work during class and will elaborately instruct each one in the field. Both of the mentors will thoroughly help out students to learn photography exclusively.
After the workshop, participants will have a boarder understanding of how to work to create amazing photography projects of their own. To complete this course all participants must have genuine interest and passion for photography at first, the camera is next.
The main intention of this comprehensive workshop is helping participants on practical application. GMB Akash and Apratim Saha will thoroughly help out students to learn photography independently. In location of outdoor practical shooting, Akash and Apratim will thoroughly help each participant passionately and according to their individual needs. Do not miss the golden opportunity of being part of this.
Before enrolling one can check our participant’s feedback and the participant’s final submissions of their work: http://wp.me/p3F0uP-aQ
Workshop course outline:
- Getting to know your Camera
- Your Camera’s Automatic, Assisted Settings and Manual Settings
- Understanding Exposure (Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO)
- Composition and Content
- Depth of field
- Moments and Motion
- People and Portraits
- The Simple Math of Photography
- Angle of Light
- Photography as a Way of Life
- The fundamentals of street photography
- How to overcome fear of shooting at streets
- How to get involved with strangers and situations when shooting on the streets
- The way to anticipate and capture “The Decisive Moment”
- Focus on ways to develop a unique third eye when shooting on the streets
- Guidance to discover your individual style in street photography
- To help you gain hands-on experience, the workshop is designed to be less lecture-based and more focused on your shooting on the streets
- Discuss and guidance on your individual portfolio
- The workshop will also be tailored to your individual needs
- Understanding File Format (Raw, Tiff, Jpg image files)
- Editing Images : Post Processing
- Growing as a photographer and much more
- Submission of Photo Storey / Photo Essay
- Critique and feedback of the final submission
What you will achieve from this workshop:
- Greater ability to work quickly and decisively with your camera
- Increased confidence in your skills as a photographer
- Effectiveness in establishing rapport with subjects
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with editing and sequencing your work to create a powerful visual narrative of your subject
- To create powerful photographs
- To build a photo story / photo essay
- Certificate of completion after the workshop
What you will need:
- A Digital camera with just one or two lenses (for example – 24mm, 28mm 35mm, 50mm or zoom covering a part of this range).
- Emphasis will be placed on going light, and simple and moving yourself to get the photo.
- A Computer with photo-processing software.
The INR 12,000 fees include accommodation and food (from 25th November Morning to 28th November Afternoon).
The Workshop Fees includes:
- Standard non AC double bedded room, in twin sharing basis from 25th November morning to 28th November afternoon.
- 25th November - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- 26th November - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- 27th November - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- 28th November - Breakfast & Lunch
The Workshop Fees Do Not includes:
- Anything else other than mentioned in includes
- All expenses of persona nature
- Any other actual expenses would be shared by all participants on actual basis
In order to reserve your seat, 80% advance payment is a must.
If accepted, the participant will receive course details, along with an application form and Rules & Regulations, confirming the success of his/her application by email. To confirm registration, the participant must return the application form duly signed by him/her to us, within seven days, along with payment of 80% of the fees of the workshop.
The rest of the fees must be paid by the participant on or before 14th of November, 2015. The participant will receive a money receipt against the payment.
Registration is open from 1st September, 2015 till 5th November, 2015.
If a participant decides to cancel for whatever reason, we must be notified at least fifteen days prior to the deadline, i.e. 15th October 2015. In that case 60% amount of the advance will be refunded to the participant; otherwise no refund will be made for cancellation after the mentioned date.
Meet your Instructors:
‘For me Photography is my language, to access, to communicate, to identify and mostly to make it heard. Through photography I only jot down my heart’s language. The best part about being a photographer is that I’m able to articulate the experiences of the voiceless and to bring their identities to the forefront which gives meaning and purpose to my own life’
– GMB Akash
‘I feel capturing images that people enjoy to look at and are impressed with is not the only reason that inspired me to take up photography seriously but to give people a reason to care was the main intention for me’.
– Apratim Saha