A whole day photography workshop on ‘India & Her Rich Culture’ at Lalit Kala Akademi with internationally renowned photographer Mr. Apratim Saha having more than 30 years of experience in photography, brand ambassador of Datacolor and a contributing photographer of National Geographic Stock Photography, Getty Images & Stocksy United
Dates: 18th November (Wednesday)
Place: Lalit Kala Akademi, Chennai, India.
Fees: 1500 INR (Including Tea and Lunch)
Total students: Maximum 30 Participants
Teaching language: English & Hindi
Phone: +91 9884387943
About the workshop:
This one day Basic Photography Workshop is not only designed for beginners but also for advanced photographers. At this Workshop, you will learn how to optimize the performance of your DSLR cameras and some advance level tricks to click masterpiece images with ultimate control over your camera.
This workshop will help you to build up a solid understanding of composition and visual literacy in photography. In this whole day workshop you will learn the fundamentals of photography, how to capture “the decisive moment”, how to interact with people in street and how to conquer your fear of shooting at streets. You will be given guidance to discover your style in photography, and how to work on meaningful projects that you will continue to pursue after the workshop.
Once you learn, how to mix and match with the settings, understand the interface and the techniques of framing and composition, you will be ready to click perfect pictures.
This comprehensive workshop has theoretical aspects and as well as practical. This workshop will help you to find the core concept of photography. Besides discovering your own inspiring trigger, you will be guided towards achieving mastery in photography. To find your style and to discover the secret of photography enrol decisively in this workshop.
Mentor Apratim Saha will intensely go through each participant’s work during class and will elaborately instruct each one in the session. He will thoroughly help out students to learn photography exclusively.
After the workshop, participants will have a boarder understanding of how to create amazing photography projects of their own. To complete this course all participants must have genuine interest and passion for photography at first, the camera is next.
The main intention of this comprehensive workshop is helping participants on practical application.
Apratim Saha will thoroughly help out students to learn photography independently and help each participant passionately according to their individual needs. Do not miss the golden opportunity of being part of this.
Workshop course outline:
- Getting to know your Camera
- How camera works
- Camera formats
- Understanding Sensor type and size
- Relation between focal length and angle of view
- Different kind of lenses
- Knowing basic camera modes
- Depth of field
- Understanding Exposure & Metering System
- ISO & Noise
- Exposure compensation & Auto exposure bracketing
- AE/AF lock
- Automatic versus manual focus
- Understanding the basic rules of compositions
- Colour Balance
- Available Lights and flash
- High and Low Key Photography
- India & her rich culture
- Customs and celebrations
- Understanding Your Monitor & Monitor Calibration
- Understanding Photoshop from Photographers point of view
- Getting started with Digital Post Processing
- Working with RAW Files and Basic Editing
- Understanding some Great Photographer’s work
- Questions and Answer
What you will achieve from this workshop:
- Greater ability to work quickly and decisively with your camera
- Increased confidence in your skills as a photographer
- Effectiveness in establishing rapport with subjects
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with editing and sequencing your work to create a powerful visual narrative of your subject
- To create powerful photographs
- To build a photo story / photo essay
- Certificate of completion after the workshop
What you will need:
A Digital camera with just one or two lenses (for example – 24mm, 28mm 35mm, 50mm or zoom covering a part of this range).
A Computer with photo-processing software
The INR 1,500/- (One Thousand Five Hundred Only) fees includes Tea & Lunch.
The Workshop Fees includes:
- 18th November - Tea & Lunch
The Workshop Fees Do Not includes:
- Anything else other than mentioned in includes
- All expenses of persona nature
- Any other actual expenses would be shared by all participants on actual basis
In order to reserve your seat, 100% advance payment is a must.
If accepted, the participant will receive course details, along with an application form and Rules & Regulations, confirming the success of his/her application by email.
To confirm registration, the participant must return the application form duly signed by him/her to us, within seven days, along with payment of 100% of the fees of the workshop.
Registration is open from 1st September, 2015 till 21st September, 2015.
If a participant decides to cancel for whatever reason, we must be notified at least three days prior to the deadline, i.e. 14th November 2015. In that case 60% amount of the advance will be refunded to the participant; otherwise no refund will be made for cancellation after the mentioned date.
Please download the brochure here.
Meet your Instructor:
‘I feel capturing images that people enjoy to look at and are impressed with is not the only reason that inspired me to take up photography seriously but to give people a reason to care was the main intention for me’.
– Apratim Saha