28th August 2018 to 6th September 2018
Spectacularly jagged mountains; the moody sky; the sparse yet mesmerizing meadows; picture-perfect gompas; the exotic lakes; and the challenging high altitude passes – you have to be in Ladakh to get intoxicated by all these shades of nature. The roof of India, Ladakh is unparalleled land that honestly requires no introduction, it is a destination for adventure and an abode for those seeking for something new each day.
EXPOSURE – Travel & Photography presents a 10 days especially designed photo tour at Ladakh, the ancient magical Buddhist kingdom of the country.
- You’ll have the lifetime experience of ten days exploring the ancient magical Buddhist kingdom.
- Travel through some of India’s most brilliant landscapes, with breathtaking views at every turn.
- Drive up to some of the world’s highest motorable roads at ‘Khardung La’ and ‘Chang La’.
- Experience the sand dunes in the midst of a beautiful riverine valley, with mountains towering all around.
- Stay on the banks of one of the most beautiful lakes in the world.
- Marvel at the architectural wonder and appreciate the cultural traditions at centuries-old monasteries.
- Visit places specifically chosen keeping photography opportunities in mind at an easy pace suitable for photography.
- Sessions during the tour that enable you to capture best images of Ladakh.
- Constant interaction and assistance on field by photography experts having considerable experience travelling in Ladakh.
- Get your Photographs Reviewed by your photography mentor throughout the tour.
Ladakh, known for its moonscape, has so much to satisfy your appetite for learning about diverse culture, erratic weather and defying routine life. Extending from Kunlun Mountain Range to Great Himalayan Mountains, Ladakh is one of three main regions of Jammu & Kashmir state. It extends in an area of 86,408sq kms of which mostly remains uninhabited or sparsely inhabited. Ladakh shares similarity of landscape and culture with Tibet and has a large population of Shia Muslims as well.
With its location at an elevation of 3000 meter above the mean sea level, Ladakh is blessed with tourist attractions that are ideal to quench the thirst of any adrenaline junky. The remote locations and inaccessibility has only made this travel destination ever more lucrative for adventure enthusiasts who consider exploring new places as their rewards for undergoing hardships.
Apart from its repertoire as an adventure destination, Ladakh is also a land of Buddhist pilgrimage. It is indeed amazing to witness “grand stupas” and Buddhist monasteries built at destinations that are remote and difficult to access. The monasteries in Ladakh also boast of fine architecture style and riches in terms of thangkas and historical remains. The monasteries which are also known as “Gompas” in Ladakh are best seen in the ‘Leh’ district.
28th August 2018 to 6th September 2018
Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir, India.
For Indian Participants
72000 INR - Double Occupancy
89000 INR - Single Occupancy
1300 USD - Double Occupancy
1750 USD - Single Occupancy
(Includes accommodation and food)
Maximum 5 participants
English, Hindi & Bengali
Meet Your Mentor
Apratim feels capturing images that people enjoy to look at and are impressed with is not the only reason that inspired him to take up photography seriously but to give people a reason to care was the main intention for him.
Apratim is a contributing photographer for National Geographic Stock Photography, Getty Images and Stocksy United. He is a Brand Ambassador and mentor for Tamron, Datacolor, Nisi, Godox & Vanguard. He is also a consultant Chiiz Photography Magazine. He has over 30 years of experience, from traditional film to digital photography. He is a commercial photographer specializing in people photography, portraiture, lifestyle & editorial clients. Besides commercial works, Apratim also shoots other subjects that stimulate his visual or emotional sensibilities.