It is the second largest Islamic congregation after the Hajj. It is one of the largest peaceful gatherings in the world. The Ijtema is non-political and therefore it draws people of all persuasion. It is attended by devotees from 150 countries. The majority of its devotees come from across Bangladesh, the world's third largest Muslim majority country. The Ijtema is a prayer meeting spread over three days, during which attending devotees perform daily prayers while listening to scholars reciting and explaining verses from the Quran. It culminates in the Akheri Munajat, or the Final Prayer, in which millions of devotees raise their hands in front of Allah (God) and pray for world peace.
You’ll be in a paradise of street photography
You’ll have the lifetime experience of Street Photography at its best.
The enthralling experience of capturing a different kind of rituals in every day.
Special attraction – Dhaka Dockyard. This is really a unique opportunity for any photographer.
Portraits, yes… portraits! Shooting portraits of the different aged people and devotees will add a very good collection in your portfolio.
I can tell you that this is a very special festival. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to cover Bishwa Ijtema
For photographers, it is an unparalleled & unforgettable experience to capture the vibrancy of the people in one place. The frame captures the culture, religious legacy, rituals.
TOUR DATES: 12th January (Friday) 2018 to 15th January (Monday) 2018
PLACE: Dhaka, Bangladesh
TOUR LEADER Apratim Saha
PARTICIPATION FEE: 28000 INR for Indian Participants
700 USD for Foreign Participants
TOTAL PARTICIPATIONS: Maximum 8 participants
TEACHING LANGUAGE: English, Hindi & Bengali
PHONE: +918509333385 or +918900702900
Important points to be notated:
- This tour is conceptualised such a way that personal attentions can be given to each and every photographer and for that, the group will be restricted to 8 photographers only.
- This tour has been specifically designed for the photographers. Non-photographer spouse/friend may be accommodated on the tour but at full cost and on agreeing to stick to the schedule of the of the tour.
- While all care would be taken to stick to the schedule, unforeseen circumstance, time consistency might lead to some changes.
- The tour is designed from Dhaka to Dhaka.
- As it is a foreign country your mobile number will not work unless you have international roaming. A local sim will be provided to each participant against passport.
The Tour Fees Includes:
- Accommodation: Stay will be at the best located Hotel situated at Uttara near to Tongi. Staying in this positions is the best way to cover the entire rituals.
- Stay in a deluxe hotel for four nights and five days (on a twin sharing basis)
- Expert guidance on street photography, Rituals, portrait, daily life, architecture and cultural photography with a particular emphasis on the BISHWA IJTEMA
- Service of the photographic mentors from India and Bangladesh.
- Two times Tea, Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner in all days. Nonveg and Veg food will be provided.
- Packaged drinking water will be provided.
Stay will be at a Luxury Hotel situated just opposite to Ijtema ground. The hotel is located few minutes walking distance from the Bishwa Ijtema. Therefore, you don’t have to travel a lot to reach Ijtema ground.
Facilities at the hotel:
- Well-furnished standard Rooms
- 24 hours Hot & Cold water
- Non-Veg & Veg Restaurant
- 24 hours Wi-Fi facilities in entire lobby area of the hotel
- Doctor on call & taxi on requirement
- Laundry service / Shoe Polish
- Large parking area & Hall
- Currency Exchange
The Tour Fees Do Not Includes:
- Anything else other than mentioned in includes.
- All expenses of personal nature.
- Medical expenses
- Personal purchases
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills etc.
- Tips and gratuities in Hotels, Lodges, Camp staff and Driver-guide(s) tipping.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Travel Insurance.
- Laundry services.
- Your souvenir and/or duty-free shopping
- Extra Activities not included in the Itinerary.
- Any other item(s) not included in our Itinerary.
- Any other actual expenses would be shared by all participants on actual basis.
You need to pay 50% of the tour amount immediately (either in USD or INR as per the conversion rate on date)
Balance amount to be paid 30 days before the tour.
Full payment needs to be made in advance. No refund on cancellation. Please read all details on this page and Detailed Terms and Conditions, Disclaimer / Undertaking in the Registration cum Booking Form.
Meet your Mentor:
Apratim feels capturing images that people enjoy to look at and are impressed with is not the only reason that inspired him to take up photography seriously but to give people a reason to care was the main intention for him. Apratim is a contributing photographer for National Geographic Stock Photography, Getty Images and Stocksy United. He is a Brand Ambassador and mentor for Tamron and Datacolor. He is also a consultant Chiiz Photography Magazine. He has over 30 years of experience, from traditional film to digital photography. He is a commercial photographer specializing in people photography, portraiture, lifestyle & editorial clients. Besides commercial works, Apratim also shoots other subjects that stimulate his visual or emotional sensibilities.