DISCOVERING SECRET OF STREETS, VARANASI 2.0
On the auspicious occasion of “Dev Depawali”, a Four Day Street Photography Workshop, has been organized, with internationally renowned photographer Apratim Saha and Manish Khattry at Varanasi, from 13th to 16th November 2016.
Dates: 13th November (Sunday), 14th November (Monday),
15th November (Tuesday) & 16th November Wednesday)
Place: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Fees: 15000 INR for Indian Participants
400 USD for Foreign Participants
(Including accommodation and food)
Total students: Maximum 25 participants
Teaching language: English, Hindi & Bengali
Phone: +91 8900702900 & +91 8509333385
About the workshop:
This four day Photography Workshop is designed for advanced photographers as well as beginners. This comprehensive workshop mainly focuses on practical functions. This workshop will help you to build up a solid understanding of composition and visual literacy in street photography. In this Four days workshop, you will learn the fundamentals of street photography, how to capture “the decisive moment”, how to interact with people in the street and how to conquer your fear of shooting at streets. You will be given guidance to discover your style in street photography, and how to work on meaningful projects that you will continue to pursue after the workshop.
The workshop has 20% theoretical aspects and 80% practical. Come and join this workshop for finding street stories in the magical light of winter, on the auspicious occasion of “Dev Depawali”. Learning to capture street portraits and making street stories will be the two main concentrations in this workshop with hands-on experience. These four days workshop will help you to find the core concept of photography. Besides discovering your own inspiring trigger, you will be guided towards achieving mastery in street photography. To find your style and to discover the secret of street photography enroll decisively in this workshop.
Apratim Saha and Manish Khattry will intensely go through each participant’s work during class and will elaborately instruct each one in the field. Both of the mentors will thoroughly help out students to learn photography exclusively.
After the workshop, participants will have a boarder understanding of how to work to create amazing photography projects of their own. To complete this course, all participants must have genuine interest and passion for photography at first, the camera is next.
The main intention of this comprehensive workshop is helping participants on practical application. Apratim Saha and Manish Khattry will thoroughly help out each student to learn photography independently. In the location of the outdoor practical shooting, Apratim and Manish will thoroughly help each participant passionately and according to their individual needs. Do not miss the golden opportunity of being part of this.
Before enrolling please check our participant’s feedback: http://www.apratimsaha.com/reviews.html
Workshop course outline:
- Getting to know your Camera
- Your Camera’s Automatic, Assisted Settings and Manual Settings
- Understanding Exposure (Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO)
- Composition and Content
- Depth of field
- Moments and Motion
- People and Portraits
- The Simple Math of Photography
- Angle of Light
- Photography as a Way of Life
- The fundamentals of street photography
- How to overcome fear of shooting at streets
- How to get involved with strangers and situations when shooting on the streets
- The way to anticipate and capture “The Decisive Moment”
- Focus on ways to develop a unique third eye when shooting on the streets
- Guidance to discover your individual style in street photography
- To help you gain hands-on experience, the workshop is designed to be less lecture-based and more focused on your shooting on the streets
- Discuss and guidance on your individual portfolio
- The workshop will also be tailored to your individual needs
- Understanding File Format (Raw, Tiff, Jpg image files)
- Monitor Calibration
- Editing Images : Post Processing
- Growing as a photographer and much more
- Submission of Photo Storey/ Photo Essay
- Critique and feedback of the final submission
What you will achieve from this workshop:
- Greater ability to work quickly and decisively with your camera
- Increased confidence in your skills as a photographer
- Effectiveness in establishing rapport with subjects
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with editing and sequencing your work to create a powerful visual narrative of your subject
- To create powerful photographs
- To build a photo story / photo essay
- Certificate of completion after the workshop
What you will need:
A Digital camera with just one or two lenses (for example – 24mm, 28mm 35mm, 50mm or zoom covering a part of this range).
Emphasis will be placed on going light, and simple and moving yourself to get the photo.
A Computer with photo-processing software
The fees include accommodation and food (from 13th November Morning to 16th November Afternoon).
The Workshop Fees includes:
- Standard non AC double bedded room, in twin sharing basis from
13th November morning to 16th November afternoon.
- 13th November - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- 14th November - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- 15th November - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- 16th November - Breakfast & Lunch
The Workshop Fees Do Not includes:
- Anything else other than mentioned in includes
- All expenses of persona nature
- Any other actual expenses would be shared by all participants on actual basis
In order to reserve your seat, 100% advance payment is a must.
If accepted, the participant will receive course details, along with an application form and Rules & Regulations, confirming the success of his/her application by email.
To confirm registration, the participant must pay the amount through NEFT or IMPS or RTGS. Once the payment is done please send us a copy of bank receipt (screen shot is also fine) of your payment sent details. Once we confirm your payment, we will send you a money receipt along with the Rules & Regulations of the workshop, which makes you, a confirmed candidate
Registration is open from 25th November 2016, until 31st October, 2016.
Full payment needs to be made in advance. No refund on cancellation. Please read all details on this page and Detailed Terms and Conditions, Disclaimer / Undertaking in the Registration cum Booking Form.
Meet Your Mentors
The master of the masters Dinesh Khanna thinks that Photography has been his constant companion through the journey of life. It has not taught him to see but has influenced what and how he see.
His professional work involved in creating images for Advertising, Editorial and Corporate clients, specifically in the area of Food, Still-life, People and Interiors.
Dinesh’s personal work has been shown in both Solo and Group Exhibitions all around the world. He has also done 2 Pictorial Books - "Bazaar" and "Living Faith". Besides continuing to do commercial assignments for International Magazines, Advertising Agencies and Corporates, Dinesh is also currently working on 5 personal Projects, "Benaras - Everyday in Eternity", "Earning Dignity - from Art, Craft and Trade", "Mobile Stories – Life on the move” & “Mothers & Daughters”
Dinesh is also a Co-Founder and Managing Trustee of Nazar Foundation, which has been set up to promote Photography as an art-form. And is also a Co-Founder and one of the Creative Directors of the Biennale ‘Delhi Photo Festival’. He is actively involved in Photography education and conducts workshops and mentorship sessions regularly under his personal brand, "Photoyatri."
Manish is a renowned legendary photographer from Varanasi. He is a guest mentor in Faculty of Visual Arts, Banaras Hindu University. Manish is mentoring students of Mass Communication and Journalism of BHU in Photography. Manish Khattry won many National & International Awards and honours.
Manish’s works has been published in national and international magazines, newspapers and journals including National Geographic Traveller, India Today. He has been ranked photographer of Black and White street photography group, USA among approx. 40,000 photographers.
Apratim started photography at the age of twelve inspired by his father. He feels capturing images that people enjoy to look at and are impressed with is not the only reason that inspired him to take up photography seriously but to give people a reason to care was the main intention for him.
Apratim is a contributing photographer for National Geographic Stock Photography, Getty Images and Stocksy United. He is a Brand Ambassador of Data Color. He has over 30 years of experience, from traditional film to digital photography. He is a commercial photographer specializing in people
photography, portraiture, lifestyle & editorial clients. Besides commercial works, Apratim also shoots weddings, family portraits, and other subjects that stimulate his visual or emotional sensibilities.