Two days comprehensive workshop on basic photography with Mr. Apratim Saha having more than 30 years of experience in photography, brand ambassador of Datacolor and a contributing photographer of National Geographic Stock Photography, Getty Images & Stocksy United.
Dates: 25th September (Friday), 26th September (Saturday),
Place: Gorkha Library, Kurseong
Fees: 1500 INR (Including Tea & Lunch)
Total students: Maximum 30 participants
Teaching language: English & Hindi
Phone: +91 9474103721 or +91 8670252348
About the workshop:
This two day Basic Photography Workshop is not only designed for beginners but also advanced photographers. At our Workshop, you will not only learn how to optimize the performance of your DSLR cameras but you’ll also learn some advance level tricks to click masterpiece images with ultimate control over your camera.
Once you learn, how to mix and match with the settings, understand the interface and the techniques of framing and composition, you will be ready to click perfect pictures.
This workshop will help you to build up a solid understanding of composition and visual literacy. In this two days workshop you will learn the fundamentals basic photography.
This comprehensive workshop has theoretical aspects and as well as practical. This workshop will help you to find the core concept of photography. Besides discovering your own inspiring trigger, you will be guided towards achieving mastery in photography. To find your style and to discover the secret of photography enrol decisively in this workshop.
Mentor Apratim Saha will intensely go through each participant’s work during class and will elaborately instruct each one in the field. He will thoroughly help out students to learn photography exclusively.
After the workshop, participants will have a boarder understanding of how to create amazing photography projects of their own. To complete this course all participants must have genuine interest and passion for photography at first, the camera is next.
The main intention of this comprehensive workshop is helping participants on practical application.
Apratim Saha will thoroughly help out students to learn photography independently. In location of outdoor practical shooting, Apratim will thoroughly help each participant passionately and according to their individual needs. Do not miss the golden opportunity of being part of this.
Topics that will be covered:
- Getting to know your Camera
- How camera works
- Camera formats
- Understanding Sensor type and size
- Relation between focal length and angle of view
- Different kind of lenses
- Knowing basic camera modes
- Understanding Exposure & Metering System
- ISO & Noise
- Exposure compensation & Auto exposure bracketing
- AE/AF lock
- Automatic versus manual focus
- Colour Balance
- Available Lights and flash
- Understanding the basic rules of compositions
- High and Low Key Photography
- Understanding some Great Photographer’s work
- Understanding Photoshop from Photographers point of view
- Getting started with Digital Post Processing
- Working with RAW Files and Basic Editing
- Questions and Answer
What you will achieve from this workshop:
- Greater ability to work quickly and decisively with your camera
- Increased confidence in your skills as a photographer
- Effectiveness in establishing rapport with subjects
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with editing and sequencing your work to create a powerful visual narrative of your subject
- To create powerful photographs
- Certificate of completion after the workshop
What you will need:
A Digital camera with just one or two lenses (for example – 24mm, 28mm 35mm, 50mm or zoom covering a part of this range).
Emphasis will be placed on going light, and simple and moving yourself to get the photo.
A Computer with photo-processing software (Optional)
Feel free to call +91 9474103721 or +91 8670252348
The INR 1,500/- (One Thousand Five Hundred Only) fees includes Tea & Lunch
The Workshop Fees includes:
- 25th September - Tea & Lunch
- 26th November - Tea & Lunch
The Workshop Fees Do Not includes:
- Anything else other than mentioned in includes
- All expenses of persona nature
- Any other actual expenses would be shared by all participants on actual basis
In order to reserve your seat, 100% advance payment is a must.
If accepted, the participant will receive course details, along with an application form and Rules & Regulations, confirming the success of his/her application by email.To confirm registration, the participant must return the application form duly signed by him/her to us, immediately, along with 100% of the fees of the workshop. Then the participant will receive a money receipt against the payment.
Registration is open from 1st September, 2015 till 21st September, 2015.
If a participant decides to cancel for whatever reason, we must be notified at least three days prior to the deadline, i.e. 18th September 2015. In that case 60% amount of the advance will be refunded to the participant; otherwise no refund will be made for cancellation after the mentioned date.
Meet your Instructor:
‘I feel capturing images that people enjoy to look at and are impressed with is not the only reason that inspired me to take up photography seriously but to give people a reason to care was the main intention for me’.
– Apratim Saha